In HVAC systems conditioned air is distributed through a house via ducts. Often times, approximately 20 to 30 percent of the air passing through these ducts are lost due poorly connected ducts, leak and holes. This causes the system to work harder, resulting in higher overall energy cost.
Indications that Your Ducts are Performing Poorly:
- you have high summer and winter utility bills;
- you have rooms that are difficult to heat and cool;
- you have stuffy rooms that never seem to feel comfortable;
- your ducts are located in an attic, crawlspace, or the garage;
- you find tangled or kinked flexible ducts in your system.
Benefits of Duct Sealing:-
A duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer.